Home > For Poll Workers > Responsibilities
For Poll Workers
Poll Worker Responsibilities
- Report to work at your assigned polling place at 5:15 a.m. on election day.
- Prepare the polling place for voting.
- Verify that voters are registered in the district.
- Demonstrate the voting process to voters upon request.
- Maintain order at the polls.
- Close the polling location at 8:00 p.m. or when all voters in line have voted.
Who Can Be a Poll Worker
- Any Morris County registered voter.
- You must be able to read and write English.
How to Become a Poll Worker
- Complete and return the Pollworker Application Form.
- You must attend a training class to be certified to work at the polls.
Poll Worker Compensation
- Poll workers earn $200.00 for the day.
Need More Information?
For more information, contact:
Morris County Board of Elections
P.O. Box 900
Morristown, NJ 07963-0900
Phone: (973) 285-8350
Fax: (973) 984-8412